2011 – 2016: Pastor Ralph Thompson

2006: Congregational Mission Plan adopted. New heating system installed.

2004: Sunday School rooms remodeled to accommodate new rotational model.

100th Anniversary Pastors
Pastors Berg, Hall, Olesen,
Ankerfelt, and Myrwold
at the 100th Anniversary celebration

2003: 100th Anniversary “Lift High The Cross” Celebration.

2002: “Hope House” purchased for $70,000, renovated, and leased to Polk Country Housing Collaborative as a homeless shelter.

2001 – 2004: Pastor Sally A. S. Ankerfelt

1995 – 2009: Pastor Mark E. Hall

1991: New narthex and office area completed.

1988: Dial-A-Devotion begins.

1985: New Knaube baby grand piano and outdoor sign.

1983: New roof installed for $20,000.

1979: Eight stained-glass windows depicting Biblical scenes installed to replace original colored windows. Front and rear stained glass windows installed for $11,500 and $4,500.

1978: Six stained-glass side windows installed for $5,100.

1975: Carillon bell system installed for $4,100. Bells sound from church three times daily.

1972: Old church building removed to make room for $55,000 Educational Unit.

"God Squad" from Luck, St. Peter's and West Denmark Churches (1972)
“God Squad” from Luck, St. Peter’s and West Denmark Churches (1972)

1971: New Moeller pipe organ installed for $12,500.

1966 – 1994: Pastor John R. Berg

1964 – 1066: Pastor David M. Bev

1962 – 1964: Pastor Donald Helland

1960: Dedication of new church (total cost of project: $125,071.09); name changed to “Luck Lutheran Church”.

1959: Ground-breaking for current church.

1955 – 1962: Pastor Reynold Tange

1949 – 1955: Pastor Anker Jensen

1942 – 1948: Pastor L. M. Andersen

feelc_int
Interior of First English Evangelical Lutheran Church

1942: First church bulletin.

1939 – 1942: Pastor J. M. Girtz

1932 – 1939: Pastor J. H. Thomson

1927 – 1932: Pastor N. P. Nielsen

1919: Congregation name changed to “The United First English Evangelical Lutheran Church”.

1918 – 1926: Pastor Anders Hansen

1913: Church bell dedicated.

1912- 1918: Pastor H. W. Bondo

1912: A copy of Thorvaldsen’s Statue of Christ given to church.

1910 – 1912: Pastor N. P. Clemmensen

early_members
Early Members: Mr. Jacob Jensen, Mrs. L. P. Nelson, Mrs. L. J. Askov (charter member), Mr. Soren Morten

1908: Church first used on July 26.

1907 – 1909: Pastor L.A. Laursen

1907: Congregation name changed to “First Evangelical Lutheran Congregation”.  Cornerstone laid September 8.

1904: Congregation name changed to “Our Savior’s Evangelical Lutheran Church”.

1903: Pastor N.P. Sorensen of North Luck called to help organize “Our Savior’s Danish American Lutheran Church”.

1902: A “Willing Workers” women’s group initiates the funding for a church building.

Some information compiled from “Lift High The Cross: Luck Lutheran Church 1903 – 2003” by Carol Ries Weitz.